Ashley Watson is a facilitator-educator who creates safe spaces to explore identity and differences.
My first international trip was to Slovakia at the age of 13. The quick discovery that communication transcends language whet my interest in diversity and identity development. My appetite was full-blown by the time I studied abroad in China. Mentors, advisors, and family encouraged me to make these global experiences a permanent part of my life.
After receiving a Fulbright to teach in Malaysia, I returned to New York to work in intercultural education exchange. I have significant experience in international student recruitment, international student advising ,and study abroad counseling.
I am passionate about educational equity and access. I volunteers as a college readiness coach and competitive essay reviewer.
I enjoy live music shows, foreign films, eating different cuisines and weekend adventures with friends in my free time.
“We are constantly invited to be who we are.”
• Ph.D. Leadership in International and Intercultural Education, University of Minnesota, Twin-Cities [in progress]
• MS.Ed. Higher Education Administration, Baruch College
• B.A. Intercultural Communication, Pepperdine University
honors & Awards
• Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship: Swahili
• NAFSA Academy for International Education
• Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship: Malaysia
• Non-Profit Leaders Outstanding Student
• Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Award: China
• Pi Alpha Alpha